Hello. 哩賀. 你好. I'm Che Wei Lee, a Product Designer and Developer made in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, raised in Auckland, New Zealand, now based in New York, USA.
Stuff that was shipped.
Wahoo Fitness, 2019–PresentBuilding the better athlete in all of us.
Koordinates, 2016–2019Discover Earth's Data.
Vend by Lightspeed, 2014–2016Run the world’s best retail.
Experiments. Side Projects. Hobbies. Started but never finished.
Chapter2 Huru with Blender, 2022Modelling the Chapter2 Huru
Fit File Analyzer, 2022Turn .fit files into beautiful charts.
Wahoo Guide, 2022Hackathon - Helping customers find the right Wahoo product.
Grids Generator, 2020Figma Plugin – Generate layout grid styles on the fly
Goneriding.co, 2019Cycling journal with Strava + Mapbox API
Hey, I'm Che Wei (Sounds like: Zhé wěi), you can also call me Jacky. I'm a designer, developer, and cycling fanatic. I'm currently based in New York City, remotely helping Wahoo Fitness build world-class training experiences for endurance athletes.
Before Wahoo, I designed geospatial data management platform for Koordinates, lead the design system and process for their web application, contributing to the securement of multiple government contracts, like Land Information New Zealand and Stats NZ, for using Koordinates as their official data portals.
Before Koordinates, I designed for retail point-of-sale experiences at Vend by Lightspeed. I assisted in various prototyping and user testing tasks, and worked closely with developers to ensure high quality releases.
- Master of Architecture (Prof), Architecture—The University of Auckland (2011–2012)
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS), Architecture—The University of Auckland (2008–2011)
- Wahoo Fitness—2019–Present
- Vend by Lightspeed—2014–2016
Talks / Workshops
- Introduction to Framer—Roam Digital, Auckland, New Zealand (2020)
- Jacky Lee, Designer + Developer—Bézier, design interview podcast (2020)
- Prototyping with Bluetooth Devices—Framer Loupe, Amsterdam (2019)
- Design with Code—Crimson Education, Auckland, New Zealand (2018)
- Aeropress Timer—Framer Seattle Meetup, Microsoft, Redmond, WA (2018)
- Banana, Strava Visualizer—UX/CX Collab, Pixel Fusion, Auckland, New Zealand (2018)
- Banana, Strava Visualizer—Auckland CSS, New Zealand (2018)
- Framer Workshop—Pushpay, Auckland, New Zealand (2017)
- Prototyping with Quartz Composter & Framer.js—Cactus Labs, iOS Meet, Auckland, New Zealand (2015)
- Auckland Dribbble Meetup—Auckland, New Zealand (2015)
- Why I Blur the Lines Between Prototype and Real Product—Framer Blog
- Blurring the Lines Between Prototype and Real Product—Wahoo Product Design
- Wahoo Onboarding Wizard—Wahoo Product Design
- Being a rookie & maintaining a healthy balance of work—The Creative Series by Femke van Schoonhoven
- Designing Vend's New Point-of-sale—Vend Design (2015)
- Framer rotate image array module (Part 1)—Vend Design (2015)
- Framer rotate image array module (Part 2)—Vend Design (2015)
Awards / Recognition
- Design Innovation Award (Equipment) — Wahoo KICKR Ecosystem (2019)—Wahoo Fitness
- Core77 Design Awards (Heath & Wellness Runner Up) — Wahoo KICKR Indoor Cycling Ecosystem (2019)—Wahoo Fitness
- CRC Customer Choice Awards — Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt (2019)—Wahoo Fitness
- CRC Customer Choice Awards — Wahoo KICKR CORE Smart Trainer (2019)—Wahoo Fitness
- T3 Awards: Best Home Fitness Tech (Nominated) — Wahoo KICKR Climb (2018)—Wahoo Fitness
- The New Zealand Spatial Excellence Awards: Environment and Sustainability — Land Information New Zealand (Koordinates) (2017)—Koordinates
- NZ Hi-Tech Awards — IBM Hi-Tech Exporter of the Year (under $5 million revenue) and Cisco Hi-Tech Emerging Company of the Year categories — Vend (2014)—Vend by Lightspeed
- NZIA Graphisoft Student Design Awards: Highly Commended (2012)—Architecture School